- Adjustable Dog Tensioners that provide equal tension on all points ensure a water-tight seal
- Built-in “Never Lose” handle
- A simple 1/8th-turn of the handle provides smooth, easy and secure engagement
- Thicker Dog Arms for superior strength
- Positive visual verification: When the handle is down, the hatch is secured
- Inside escape bar on all units (optional inside turning wheel available)
- Subtle design improvements make the BFHQ stronger, more watertight than our competitors’ similar units
- Cast from high-grade corrosion-resistant 356 aluminum alloy (ASTM B26)
- Maximum durability, stronger deck strength and impact resistance
- Stainless steel T-handle and operating hardware
- Dissimilar metals isolated by neoprene and nylon
- Machined surfaces and superior casting processes control tolerances
- Neoprene cover gasket and sealing ring ensure tight seal
Currently, the 4-dog BFHQ series hatch cover assemblies are available only in cast aluminum. However, the deck rings for the BFHQ are the same size as the Strongback models, and are available in galvanized mild steel or cast aluminum. Stainless Steel deck rings are available by special order.
The design is especially popular on aluminum boats, fishing and other workboats, as well as many U.S. Navy and U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard vessels.
Optional spoked or un-spoked handwheels are available. Request the handwheel option from a Baier™ sales representative or Baier™ distributor at the time of purchase.
Are you Looking for a coaming to go with this hatch? Please visit our Coamings Section for more information.
Cover Material: cast aluminum only
Ring Material: cast aluminum, galvanized steel, or stainless steel.
BFHQTH15X24A/A with Cast Aluminum Deck Ring
BFHQTH15X24A/A with Optional Handwheel
|Model Number||Material – Hatch / Deck Ring||Downloads||Clear Opening In. (mm)||Cover Size||Cutout Dimension in. (mm)||Weight (Cover)||Weight (Deck Ring)|
|BFHQTH15X24A||Aluminum Cover Only||Spare Parts Files:
||NA||17 x 26|
|BFHQTH15X24A/A||Aluminum / Aluminum||Cutout & CAD Files:
|15 x 24||17 x 26|
|BFHQTH15X24A/S||Aluminum / Steel||Cutout & CAD Files:
|15 x 24||17 x 26|
|BFHQTH15X24A/SS||Aluminum / Stainless Steel||Cutout & CAD Files:
|15 x 24||17 x 26|
Disclaimer of Liability: PDF Cutout drawings, Autocad® Cutout drawings and SSI drawings (the “Drawings”) are provided for convenience only without warranty of any kind. Baier makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness or compatibility of the Drawings or that the Drawings will be error-free. Baier assumes no responsibility or liability for anyone's use of the Drawings, and Baier shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential, or other) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, which may arise as a result of anyone’s use of the Drawings.
We are working to complete our library of available drawings for our customers. If the drawing you want does not appear, is too large or otherwise unsuitable for your use, please contact us and we will investigate alternatives for you.
This website is independent of Autodesk®, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk®, Inc.
SSI files are digital models of Baier Equipment formatted for SSI™s popular ShipConstructor CAD/CAM software (XML files are compatible with ShipConstructor version 2016 R2 and greater). For a complete list of all available Baier Products formatted for SSI ShipConstructor go to our Download Library. For more information about SSI ShipConstructor Contact your local SSI Reseller to discuss the most cost-effective solution for you. Learn more.