Flush Deck Hatch Applications
Since 1947, Baier has designed and manufactured Marine hatches for the commercial marine industry. Our specialty has been and remains our line of quick-acting flush hatches for workboats.
Originally designed for the Alaska King Crab fleet, Baier’s expanded the line of over 100 styles and sizes of flush-deck hatches to suite your application.
Baier Hatches are utilized worldwide on a wide range of applications:
- Commercial fishing craft
- Tugboats and tow-boats
- Offshore Service Vessels (OSV, PSV, etc.)
- Patrol boats
- Coast Guard vessels of the United States, Canada, and several other countries.
- Research vessels
- Offshore oil rig
- Weather-tight survival structures
Performance-engineered, Baier marine hatches are crafted from precision-cast aluminum or cast steel (hot-dip galvanized), with stainless steel hardware, and neoprene gaskets standard.
Many Baier designs carry ABS design approval certificates. Please the ABS Certified Hatches Section.
Two exciting new designs address user-identified challenges:
- Low Profile model – Useful where clearance between deck and engine or other equipment is at a premium. Only 2.62 inches from deck top to bottom of hatch!
- Hidden-Hinge models that lock open in two positions and work well in a vertical bulkhead-type application as well as flush-deck positions.
Baier Marine also distributes the barge and towboat hatch and deck fitting product line of our parent company, UMC.