- The low-profile unit on right is only 2.62 inches high, top to bottom!
- 4-dog, center cam actuation. Clamping pressure across 4 points of contact.
- Center cam, when not engaged, pops up as visual indicator that hatch is not secured. When engaged, cam unit is completely flush – no snags.
- Each Baier Low Profile hatch assembly also includes an optional Drive Adapter puck which converts the hexagonal drive so hatch can be operated with any standard half inch (12.7mm) socket drive.
- Built-in underside escape handle.
- Drop-in replacement for standard 20” deck rings
- Cast from high-grade corrosion-resistant 356 aluminum alloy (ASTM B26)
- Secured hatch opens with standard 1 3/4” hex marine t-handle tool Adapter for standard 1/2” socket wrench included
- Maximum durability, stronger deck strength and impact resistance
The Hybrid hatch – Combining the best of the traditional Baier hatch with the best of the quick acting hatch
Currently, the 4-dog BFHLP series hatch cover assemblies are available only in cast aluminum. However, the deck rings for the BFHLP are the same size as the Strongback models, and are available in galvanized mild steel or cast aluminum. Stainless Steel deck rings are available by special order.
Baier low profile hatches are designed for applications where inside clearance is limited. Built strong for the extreme rugged requirements of the commercial and fast utility craft worldwide.
Optional spoked or un-spoked handwheels are available. Request the handwheel option from a Baier sales representative or Baier distributor at the time of purchase.
Are you Looking for a coaming to go with this hatch? Please visit our Coamings Section for more information.
Cover Material: cast aluminum only
Ring Material: cast aluminum, galvanized steel, or stainless steel.
BFHLP20A/A with Cast Aluminum Deck Ring
BFHLP20A/A with Visual Verified Pop-Up Cam
|Model Number||Material – Hatch / Deck Ring||Downloads||Clear Opening In. (mm)||Cover Size||Cutout Dimension in. (mm)||Weight (Cover)||Weight (Deck Ring)|
|BFHLP20A||Aluminum Cover Only||Spare Parts Files:
|BFHLP20A/A||Aluminum / Aluminum||Cutout & CAD Files:
|BFHLP20A/S||Aluminum / Steel||Cutout & CAD Files:
|BFHLP20A/SS||Aluminum / Stainless Steel||20||22|
Disclaimer of Liability: PDF Cutout drawings, Autocad® Cutout drawings and SSI drawings (the “Drawings”) are provided for convenience only without warranty of any kind. Baier makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness or compatibility of the Drawings or that the Drawings will be error-free. Baier assumes no responsibility or liability for anyone's use of the Drawings, and Baier shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential, or other) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, which may arise as a result of anyone’s use of the Drawings.
We are working to complete our library of available drawings for our customers. If the drawing you want does not appear, is too large or otherwise unsuitable for your use, please contact us and we will investigate alternatives for you.
This website is independent of Autodesk®, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Autodesk®, Inc.
SSI files are digital models of Baier Equipment formatted for SSI™s popular ShipConstructor CAD/CAM software (XML files are compatible with ShipConstructor version 2016 R2 and greater). For a complete list of all available Baier Products formatted for SSI ShipConstructor go to our Download Library. For more information about SSI ShipConstructor Contact your local SSI Reseller to discuss the most cost-effective solution for you. Learn more.