- Opens to 180 degrees-plus
- Over-center auto stop holds cover securely open at 120 degrees
- Auto-stop releases quickly with a push-lever
- Stainless hardware, Delrin slides
- Works equally well in flush deck or vertical mount positions – perfect for a lazarette hatch-door
- Thicker Dog Arms for superior strength
- Positive visual verification: When the handle is down, the hatch is secured
- Inside escape bar on all units (optional inside turning wheel available)
- Subtle design improvements make the BFHQ stronger, more water-tight than our competitors’ similar units
- Available in 20” Round, 15” X 24” Oval or 24” x 24” Square
- Available with aluminum or galvanized steel deck ring
These hatches are secured using the adjustable 4- dog quick-acting style of closure. Cover assembly is cast in high-strength aluminum for light weight. The deck ring is available either in galvanized mild steel (for welding into steel decks), or cast aluminum (for welding into aluminum decks or bolting to fiberglass or wood. Steel deck rings are hot dip galvanized for superior corrosion resistance. The Baier hidden Hinge series is available in clear opening dimensions of 20” Round, 15” X 24” Oval or 24” x 24” Square.
Currently, the 4-dog BFHQ series hatch cover assemblies are available only in cast aluminum. However, the deck rings for the BFHQ are the same size as the Strongback models, and are available in galvanized mild steel or cast aluminum. Stainless Steel deck rings are available by special order.
The new Baier Hidden-Hinge, fully-articulated commercial marine flush deck hatch assembly for workboats adds the convenience of a built-in recessed Stainless Steel T-handle to the flush-mounted, quick release, lift-out hatch. The design is especially useful for on aluminum boats, crew supply vessels (CSV), fishing vessels and other workboats, as well as many U.S. Navy and U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard vessels. This new hinge assembly works exceeding well when installed vertically like a door — it pivots easily and maintains alignment. An over-center auto stop holds cover securely open at 120 degrees, and the hatch cover slides further open to over 180 degrees.
Optional spoked or un-spoked handwheels are available. Request the handwheel option from a Baier sales representative or Baier distributor at the time of purchase.
Are you Looking for a coaming to go with this hatch? Please visit our Coamings Section for more information.
Cover Material: cast aluminum only
Ring Material: cast aluminum, or galvanized steel (See PDF download for steel ring design)
BFHHQTH20A/A with Cast Aluminum Deck Ring
BFHHQTH20A/A with Internal Hinge
|Model Number||Material – Hatch / Deck Ring||Autocad PDF/DXF/XML||Clear Opening In. (mm)||Cover Size||Cutout Dimension in. (mm)||Weight (Cover)||Weight (Deck Ring)|
|BFHHQTH20A/A||Aluminum / Aluminum||BFHHQTH20A-A||20″||22″||23.75″ Ø See Detail|
|BFHHQTH20A/S||Aluminum / Steel||BFHHQTH20A-S||20″||22″||23″ Ø See Detail|