The original Baier Hex-drive Centerbolt watertight Hatch is our most popular design
These marine work boat watertight hatches are standard equipment on fishing boats, barges, tugs, work boats, other marine vessels and many US Navy and US Coast Guard vessels.
- Features the Baier Patented Strongback system.
- ABS Certifed for use in marine applications.
- Adjustable clamping pressure. Infinitely adjustable to provide a better watertight seal
- Its superiority is in its simplicity - Only two moving part
- Welded grab-handles built in to the cover
- Built in underside escape turnbar. Escape Handwheels available.
- no snag points for nets or lines.
- Actuated using Hex-head T-handle Wrench
- More Secure because of removable wrench. (Handle not built-in)
- ONLY Flush deck hatch available in Cast Steel.
- Steel hatches provide better impact resistance, critical in cold environments where aluminum or cast iron become brittle.
- Most reliable marine hatch on the market.
- Low maintence - Recomended application of marine grade grease to singe zerk fitting every duty cycyle.
- Easily repairable - Complete set of spare part available at www.baiermarine.com or from regional Local distributors. (See Dealers list for local distributors near you)
- Widest range of sizes available in Round, and Oval
Hatches Available in:
Cast aluminum – Lightweight, Strong and corrosion resistant
Cast steel - more durable, and impact resistant, especially in cold climates*
*No other flush hatch on the market is available in cast steel and cast steel has higher impact strength than iron
Deck rings available in:
Galvanized mild steel - For welding to steel decks
Cast aluminum - For welding to aluminum decks or bolting to wood or fiberglass
Stainless Steel - For special applications
Each hatch has an underside escape turning bar for safety (shown). A turning wheel is also available.
A detachable hex-drive wrench is used for quick operation and can be stored separate from the hatch for security.
Steel coamings are also available in most common heights.
United States Patent 3,209,663
Canadian Patent 772,905